Blast Wave is one of three abilities available to Yang Xiao Long in RWBY: Grimm Eclipse, specifically her Team Attack. When used, Yang dashes forward a short distance, punching enemies in front of her.
Full Release Edit
Tier 1 - Blast Wave Edit
- "Yang punches with such force she creates a shockwave that smashes her target backwards."
- Deals 450 damage.
Tier 2 - Improved Blast Wave Edit
- "Yang creates a cascade of rocks in front of her damaging additional enemies."
- Deals 450 damage to primary target, then up to 300 damage to secondary targets based on distance from primary target.
- Costs 1 to upgrade.
Tier 3 - Earth wave/Blast Wave Mastery Edit
- "Yang creates an even larger cascade of rocks which damages all enemies in a line in front of her."
- Deals 850 to primary target and up to 300 to secondary targets.
- Costs 2 to upgrade.
- To unlock, kill 100 enemies with Team Attacks on Yang.
Early Access Edit
1st level - Blast Wave Edit
- "Yang punches with such force she creates a shockwave that smashes enemies backwards. This ability has a balance between range and power."
- Hits each enemy for 180 damage.
- Costs 1 special to use.
2nd level - Improved Blast Wave Edit
- "Blast Wave becomes chargeable, increasing both the range at which Yang dashes and the damage dealt when fully charged."
- Charged Blast Wave hits each enemy for 250 damage. Uncharged Blast Wave still hits each enemy for 180 damage.
- Costs 1 point to unlock, 1 special to use.
3rd level - Massive Blast Edit
- "Charging Blast Wave sends out a longer shockwave on impact, dealing a very high amount of damage to all targets immediately in front of Yang."
- Charged Blast Wave hits each enemy for 350 damage. Uncharged Blast Wave hits each enemy for 240 damage. Shockwave hits for 450, can deal a total of 700 damage.
- Costs 2 points to unlock, 2 special to use.
3rd level - Blast Wave Mastery/Triple Blast Edit
- "Charging Blast Wave sends out three shockwaves which fan out to hit a wider range of enemies."
- Hits for 250 per wave, total of 750 if target is hit with all 3.
- Challenge: Defeat 200 enemies with Blast Wave to unlock this ability.